Monday, May 18, 2009

Beautiful Day

Woke up to a cool, crisp morning. I wondered what happened to the sun and warm they predicted, but its here now! The sun is out!!


So, I mentioned in my first post that I am starting the journey of selling my products. The process to get here has been long, and I suspect that this road I am taking won't have many shortcuts! Through my blog I plan on chronicling my life and the life of my company, Dewberry Oils.

I'll spare the details of my past, and just start at the present. But to catch you up... I am blessed with the most amazing family ever. I love my husband, Brandan, for better and for worse. I met him and his son Devan about 4 years ago. We got married in a little itty bitty town up on the peninsula. Awesome wedding on the beach, everyone stayed for the weekend, some people camped out (we did too), some stayed in the town's hotels (I think there are 4?). And we had a blast! Our reception was outdoors and was lit with candles and the little white christmas lights strung everywhere. And by 2 large bonfires! Anyways, it was incredible. 6 months later I was pregnant with Dylan. 4 months after he was born (I think I have my math right) I was pregnant with Dixsan. So we have myself, Brandan, Devan (who is now 7. 7 1/2 if you ask him), Dylan (18 months) and Dixsan (4 months).






This weekend was Devan's 3rd baseball game. What a perfect day for it! Too perfect actually. Got a nice little burn on my shoulders - oops. Being fair skinned and an esthetician I should definatley know better. That's life with 3 boys - I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth and leave the house with shoes on!












A week or so ago now I opened up my first online shop, through Etsy. No sales yet but I gotta start somewhere! I am searching for other online venues to sell my products and other ways to get my product out there. That's what its all about, right! In the meantime its all about promote, promote, promote. I have to admit, that's not my strength. But I will give it everything I've got. Like anyone, I would love for my products to take off and to make lots of money doing what I love. My first goal is to make enough money to keep restocking my supplies so I can keep creating. My second goal is to have enough left over to pay for all the activities my boys are involved in now and in the future!
Unfortunately nap time in the Martin househould is coming to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment