Friday, May 15, 2009

The Journey Begins...

For quite a while now I have had this goal, this idea in my head that I can't get out. It started back when I was first introduced to essential oils. I wanted to learn everything about them. As an esthetician I was of course interested in how they affected the skin, but I wanted to know more. How did they affect the rest of the body, and most interestingly (to me) how did they affect the mind, the spirit.

I became obsessed! I learned everything I could. I became a licensed aromatherapist. I began blending oils, and blending some more, and blending until I couldn't blend anymore! I have always enjoyed blending essential oils to be added into skin care products, and it turns out I enjoy making these products as well. My real passion, though, lies in making customized blends for a person. What's going on in their life? Stressed at work, not sleeping, headaches, are they happy or unhappy, what emotional goals do they have. Once I have an idea, an impression of the person as a whole, I love to create a personalized blend for them that they can wear as a fragrance.

It has been my goal, my dream for quite some time now to turn this into a business. To be able to create blends, whether premade for a specific purpose, or custom blended. I was well on the road, and then my husband and I got pregnant, so I needed to put it on hold (not so good whiffing all the powerful essential oils on a regular basis while preggers). Just when I started to get back into the swing of things, voila, I was pregnant again! Well, now the time is here. I am ready to go!

I have recently opened up shop on Etsy, and with a little luck and a lot of hard work, I am looking forward to putting my goals into action.

1 comment: